Thursday, June 16, 2011

BOOK REVIEW - SUPERNATURALLY KISSED by Stacy Kennedy

It struck me one evening that the very first story I wrote for a high school Creative Writing class was a Paranormal Romance. A woman looses the man she loves in a terrible tragedy, his love for her keeps his ghost near but he can no longer be with her, so helps her find a new love.
A rather simple story, thinking about it now, but it was high school so what can I say. The teacher liked it, and I got a good grade, so that’s what counted.
I never thought of calling it “Paranormal Romance” back then. All I knew was that I liked ghost stories, and stories with strong character interaction (though I probably wouldn't have used those words.)
This all came to me back to me after reading SUPERNATURALLY KISSED (Book One of Frostbite series) by Stacy Kennedy.

Tess is a hard working businesswoman who’s greatest problem is her best friend sending her on blind dates. That and she can see ghosts. Most ghosts are simply an annoyance to the young woman who would far rather get on with her life than help them reach the other side. That is until one extremely handsome police detective starts haunting her every waking moment.
Help solve his murder, and he’ll be out of her life for good. She had no intention of falling in love.
There are two types of books on my book shelf (or e-reader): the ones I don’t want to put down and keep reading until they are done, and those I put down to eventually get back to. SUPERNATURALLY KISSED is one of the former. I’d switch on Kindle on my phone whenever I could to keep reading. (That’s a bit much I know, but I was reading during breaks at work).
Part of what kept me reading and wanting to know what happens next was about a third of the way through I got an idea of what the outcome was going to be, and I wanted to know if I was right wrong.
As the title suggests: SUPERNATURALLY KISSED (Book One of the Frostbite series), this is the start of a series, and because of this I was disappointed in parts of the ending I read. That said, I am looking forward to reading the rest of the Frostbite series to discover how close I was in my speculations of how the out come of the story will go. Beyond that, SUPERNATURALLY KISSED is an extreme enjoyable Paranormal Romance, where the physical desire for what cannot be had grows in to a far greater love.
Maybe someday I'll revive my high school story, and write a Paranormal Romance on par with Stacey Kennedy's ghostly detective.
Kevin Paul Shaw Broden
Four Names of Professional Creativity
http://kevinpsbroden.blogspot.com/

No comments: